11.09.2008

I Have Arrived

Now that I am an official Bostonista, it is time to resume the blog. Things accomplished in my first five days: found a free Sunday morning yoga class, got assigned another article with the Phoenix (this time on the economic benefits of buying local holiday gifts), ate North End pizza, bargained at the Haymarket and ventured to City Hall for my parking pass, which really makes me legitimate. Despite all this city-scoping, I still do miss Vineyard life, especially - and in no particular order - sixty cent cokes from the Gazette vending machine, beach walks at sunset, pumpkin beer at Offshore Ale and tomatoes picked for dinner from my own plant. To that end, I have a pot of chives in my kitchen and recently bought a six-pack of pumpkin beer from Trader Joe's. Still working on the beach walks...
I am on the hunt for freelance work and, in the mean time, would welcome care packages and fan mail at 123 Sutherland Road, Apt. J, Brighton, MA 02135.

1 comment:

Paige said...

oooh -- for your local shopping piece: buying "local handmade" from etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop_local.php